NEW Glass Box Cafe (under new management) at Clevedon Pier
36 hours a week over 5 days / £18 an hour (dependent on experience) / Sociable daytime hours
An experienced and well-trained catering professional, who understands that a kitchen with flawless food hygiene standards and organisational systems will produce better food, better staff and better profits. They have to be prepared to set up, put in place processes and procedures for a brand-new operation. This is based on locally sourced fish upmarket offering with a Fish and Chip style takeaway menu initially “the best we can be”. It is hopeful after the six-week trial this will be a permanent offering in the most iconic location. We are looking for someone who can:
• Supervise and manage a kitchen assistant and front of house team. Please note there may be times when the individual is the sole worker in the kitchen.
• Prepare and cook food to consistently high standards with delivery of great food and presentation.
• Follow all legislative guidelines for hygiene and health and safety and the Clevedon Piers own policies.
• Daily and weekly ordering of stock, stock ordering, taking, monitoring and rotation
• Exceptionally good housekeeping and full responsibility for the cleaning of the kitchen
• The delivery of exceptional customer service
• NVQ level 2/3 in food preparation and cookery or equivalent qualification
• Level 3 Award in Food safety or equivalent qualification and knowledge of HACCP and Allergens
Closing Date – Saturday 12 June at midday
For Full Job Description email JoeNovell@ClevedonPier.com
CV and Covering Letter to JoeNovell@ClevedonPier.com