Our Board of Directors
Our Directors are unpaid volunteers who do not claim expenses
- Rob Ainsworth. A Chartered Accountant who was a PLC Finance Director for 20 years before establishing his own Interim Executive business supporting UK and USA PLCs and Private Equity clients.
- Stephen Beggs. A chartered Civil & Structured Engineer involved with pier restoration works since 1995. Proud to be part of a team safeguarding this beautiful structure towards its 150th year.
- Peter Cawley. Managing Director of a locally based national engineering enterprise with extensive board level Operational experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Phil Curme (Chairman). A distribution channel specialist with a track record of delivering large-scale transformational change programmes in the financial services sector.
- Anne Hughes. Teacher, musician and education manager in UK and abroad for many years and now International Development Manager for a school photography company.
- Matthew Hugget. A qualified employment lawyer who specialises in providing advice and guidance to many different types of organisations on employment law and HR issues.
- Colin Searing. A senior business leader with particular knowledge of running large scale Operations functions for FTSE 100 enterprises.
- Graham Spooner. A fundraising consultant with wide spread experience of working with entrepreneurs and emerging businesses, through to national corporates. Trustee of the Honorary Treasurers Forum.
- Simon Talbot Ponsonby. A Chartered Civil Engineer with extensive experience in running both multi-disciplinary large-scale strategic projects, and, through his long association with the Pier, running charities.
- Tom Vaughan. A marketing and communication specialist who has worked for large FTSE 100 companies and smaller local organisations.
- Mandy Vickers. A qualified Management Accountant who spent 23 years working for Crest Nicholson’s commercial property arm, developing Gloucester Docks and Bristol Harbourside.